♥ Gingerbread House/ 14th day of our adventcalender

In the wintertime, it's cold outside, so it's way more enjoyable to stay at home, but this can get pretty boring.

My sister and I decided making a gingerbread house is a fun activity to do!

Our Gingerbread house
You can bake the gingerbread house pieces yourself, or you can buy a kit, we bought one from "Aldi".
Here is a link to how to bake your own pieces: *klick me*
or  here is a link to a gingerbread house Kit from Dr Oetker : *klick me*

You start by mixing the "glue", it's made out of powdered sugar and one egg,
you add as much sugar as you need till it has a sticky consistency
put the icing into a plastic bag and cut the tip off, now you can use the icing like you can see in the picture
Be careful, the pieces won't stick from the beginning, so you have to push them against each other, till the icing
starts to harden. (You can also use a toothpick to stabilise it)



you can also add food colouring to the icing and paint for example a Christmas tree cookie and put this cookie in front of your gingerbread house :) (use a toothpick to smoothen out the icing)

Now we came to the hardest part! Picking out the decorations and toppings :D
We decided to go for smarties, gummy candy and sprinkles
Here is how I decorated my side of the roof, I like it to be colourful and crazy
But you can go for every style you like ^-^
In the end, we also added powdered sugar, because it kinda looks like snow

I hope you are inspired to bake and make your own gingerbread house!
Let me know if you've built a gingerbread house before and how you decorated it.

Kommentare