♥ Crafting an advent wreath yourself! / 6th door advent calendar


A friend of mine and I decided to craft some advent wreaths ourself. We had an amazing crafting afternoon with a lot of talking and snacking on fruit (not very winter-like) :D

I won't exactly explain how it works, but I think you can figure it out by just looking at all the photos I took :)


We got the branches from a place where you can dump your garden wastes in my friends town :)
(It was way too damn cold that day and we had to shake ice and snow off the branches before we could even use them)

All the branches we collected :) (turns out it was way too much for 2 wreaths, we could have made about 4 wreaths from these branches)

Making my car dirty

Using a straw ring as a base to build the branches around so we don't have to craft the wreath completely from scratch. If you want to make one yourself you will also need: wire, wire scissors, candles, branches, (decorations)



My wreath when I was done tying the branches all around it with the wire :)

That's what the bottom looks like, the green string is the wire I used :)

The wire and wire cutter I used 

small pinecones we also found at the garden waste dump. Used them to decorate my wreath.

My finished wreath :) (Left it quite neutral, since my mother always need all her decorations to match, so I wanted her to pick further decorations when I was home :P)

My friends finished wreath :)

Thanks for reading and looking at the photos!

♥ Tara

Kommentare