♥ Best easy vegan overnight oats! / 4th door advent calendar


Today on day 4 of our Blog advent calendar I want to show you how I make my favourite breakfast porridge! I am a huge fan of porridge because I am just a big fan of the consistency. This particular porridge is probably not even called porridge in the right terms, more like "overnight oats" because I don't use any heat to make it, but it still gets the nice slimy porridge consistency.









Ingredients (I will give you the link to all the products I use, I won't add a link if I don't have a specific brand I use and I just use random stuff):
For the porridge itself:
- smooth Oats (http://amzn.to/2kjfmn1)
- Plant-Milk (I always use coconut milk, not the stuff to cook with but the stuff you can just drink or put into your cereal :D)
- maple syrup (http://amzn.to/2klKCSo)

Toppings:
- frozen blueberries
- maple syrup (http://amzn.to/2klKCSo)
- raw cacao nibs (http://amzn.to/2BGhRnI)
- walnut pits

So I basically mix the oats, milk and a bit of maple syrup together, you don't have to use maple syrup or any sweetener, I also tried agave and coconut syrup with it, it's nice, but I always prefer my maple syrup.
After mixing that thoroughly (it should soak up the milk quite fast, but always leave a bit milk air so its SUPER soaked up in the morning) you can add toppings of your choice. I always add blueberries or any other kind of berries, sometimes raspberries, but I try to eat many blueberries for their healthy antioxidants and their other benefits (like for example the anti ageing benefit :D), I also always add raw cacao nibs (I don't like the flavor of them, but they are also very healthy for you!) and I add some kind of nuts. I love walnuts, so I nearly always add walnuts.

It's a very nice balanced breakfast! Of cause you don't get your greens in it, but you get healthy fats and protein from the nuts, vitamins and antioxidants from your berries, protein from the oats (they will also keep you full), calcium and B12 from your plant milk (they often have calcium and B12 added) and you just get a very tasty nice breakfast without having to prepare anything in the morning! Just do it in the evening and eat it in the morning or (like me) take it to university/work/school with you.

I really hope you try this recipe.
Have a nice day!

♥ Tara













Kommentare